Oxbelly Civil Non-Profit Partnership (hereinafter referred to as “Oxbelly“, “we”, “us”, “our”), with its registered seat at Pentelis 8A street, P. Faliro 175 64, Athens Greece, recognizes the importance of the privacy of all visitors and users of www.oxbelly.com (hereinafter the/this/our “Website”) and is committed to protect your personal data in compliance with applicable data protection laws.
Personal Data We Collect
Oxbelly may collect the following categories of personal data about you:
- Personal contact information, such as title, first name, middle name, last name, street address, city, country, postal code, telephone number, e-mail address and educational and professional background that you provide us with when you submit your application at our Website, in order to participate in any of our Labs or when you visit us or participate in a project, event or activity organized by us.
- Information about your profession as an associate, sponsor, service provider or artist (screenwriter or director),
- Information about your ideas, draft scripts, synopsis, participation in a Lab, talk, dinner or event,
- Your email address, when you voluntarily decide to subscribe to our newsletter for receiving from us news and updates on our activities,
- Information about your usage of the Website, such as visiting preferences.
Use of your Personal Data
Any and all such personal data collected by us is processed, depending on the case, for any of the following purposes:
- To evaluate your application and to communicate with you, respond to inquiries and fulfill your requests, when you wish to cooperate with us or wish to participate in any of our Labs, events, talks, dinners, projects or activities,
- To provide our services and to efficiently operate our Website,
- To comply with applicable legal requirements, relevant standards and our policies,
- To send you administrative information, such as updates to our Policies, in order to keep you informed,
- To promote our Labs, projects and activities by sending you relevant marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you, given that you have provided us your consent by subscribing to our newsletter via our Website,
- To keep historical records of the applications that are submitted to us for participation to our Labs and of our events, talks, dinners, projects or activities.
We process the personal data we collect about you for the aforementioned purposes always by relying on a lawful basis that allows us to conduct a certain processing activity. Therefore, we will use your personal information, depending on the case, only if:
- You have provided us your consent, in case of subscription to our newsletter;
- It is necessary to take steps upon your request prior to entering into a contract with you or to perform a contract to which you are party, in case that you apply for our Labs or participate in our events, talks, dinners, projects or activities;
- It is necessary to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject (mainly for tax and accounting compliance purposes);
- We have a legitimate interest to do so, and in particular for conducting our business, internal administration functions, defending legal claims and keeping historical records of our activities.
Recipients of your Personal Data
We do not allow personal data collected about you to be sold, traded, disclosed to or viewed by any third party. We may, however, disclose your personal data in limited circumstances, including:
- To trusted service providers who perform services on our behalf based on our instructions. We always conclude a data processing agreement with such third parties to ensure the appropriate level of security and confidentiality of your personal data. These include IT service providers that help us operate our Website, data centers that store the data retained by us, email newsletter applications that assist us with the sending of our newsletters to you, accounting services providers, vendors and event organizers who are involved with the management of our events and other activities;
- To film makers that assist us in evaluating your application for participating in our Labs;
- To business partners of Oxbelly that jointly sponsor or co-organize events and exhibitions with us;
- To other third parties, after obtaining your consent to disclose certain information;
- To law enforcement authorities, regulatory agencies or other parties, when we are required to do so by applicable law, in connection, for instance, with an investigation conducted by judicial authorities regarding suspected and/or actual illegal activity or with a court order served on us, or when such disclosure is necessary upon our legitimate interests to defend our rights before the courts of law.
Transfers of Personal Data outside EU/EEA
Any possible transfer of your personal data outside the E.E.A. for the needs of the above processing purposes will be subject to appropriate and suitable safeguards, in order to ensure an adequate level of data protection, e.g. transfer agreements based on standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission. For more information on how we protect your personal information when transferred outside the E.E.A. or in order to obtain a copy of the guarantees we apply to protect your personal data when transferred, please contact us at [email protected].
Information Collected Automatically
Retention Period of your Personal Data
In principle, we store the applications submitted to us for participation in our Labs for a period of one (1) year as of the completion of the selection process, except for successful applications, for which we retain the personal data of the participants, including the information included in their applications, for a longer period of time which is defined based on the nature and timeline of the specific Lab and relevant project.
Also, we retain your email address for sending you our newsletters until you request from us to have your personal data deleted, you withdraw your consent or you decide to unsubscribe from our newsletters.
Following the above-mentioned data retention periods, we may still retain some anonymized data, namely data from which you may no longer be identified, for historical and data analytics purposes.
You have certain rights in connection with the processing of your personal data. Under the requirements set forth in the law, you have the following rights:
- Right of access,
- Right of rectification,
- Right to erasure,
- Right to restriction of processing,
- Right to object to the processing,
- Right to withdraw your consent, without affecting the lawfulness of the processing based on your consent before its withdrawal,
- Right to data portability.
The aforementioned rights may be exercised at any time by submitting your request pertaining to a specific demand, in writing at the following e-mail address: [email protected]. Oxbelly will respond to your request in writing within the deadlines provided by applicable law, taking into account the nature and type of the request.
Finally, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority, in case that you consider that Oxbelly violates the data protection legislation. The competent authority in Greece for filing a relevant complaint is the Hellenic Data Protection Authority (www.dpa.gr).
How We Protect your Personal Data
Oxbelly places great importance on the security of your personal data. Therefore, we implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect adequately your personal data, in particular against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access. However, no personal data transmitted over the Internet are guaranteed to be secure. Thus, we cannot ensure or warrant the 100% security of the personal data you disclose to us under all circumstances.
Links to Other Websites
If you have any queries, comments or requests regarding the processing of your personal data and our privacy practices, please do not hesitate to contact us by e-mail [email protected] or by phone at 0030 2109490126.
Effective Date: 24/06/2022