Dates7 February 2023
Application DeadlineJanuary 25th 2023
Course LeaderDewi Griffiths
Dewi Griffiths (The X Files, Star Hunter) has worked on productions across Europe and North America. Griffiths adopted Movie Magic Budgeting when working as a Production Manager and Line Producer on ITV Network dramas such as The Flint Street Nativity and highly complex episodic drama series including Dream Team and Mile High for Sky TV. As a Production Manager, Line Producer, and Producer running his own company, Griffiths installed Movie Magic Scheduling and Budgeting workflows on all his productions. He continues to help set up such workflows in major BBC and independent television projects as well as to train Movie Magic Scheduling and Budgeting for Sargent Disc, BECTU, and at a number of academic and industry organisations including the NFTS.
This one-day course is specialized for production personnel to learn the basic techniques of Movie Magic – a desktop scheduling and breakdown software that provides filmmakers with tools to generate production documents.
In brief, the course covers:
- Introduction for beginners on setting up the computer software
- Creating, adding and deleting elements
- Element Information Window
- Inserting element quantities and IDs
- Renaming, moving and merging elements
- Printing out strips
- Clearing, cutting, copying and pasting strips
- Sorting and selecting strips (basis)
- Setting the calendar, setting the day breaks and banners
- Re-ordering and saving schedules
- Page set-up
- Picture information
- Printing out default schedules and DOOD
- Modifying reports and strips
Applicants must be 18+ years old and have a strong command of the English language, as the course will be delivered in English.
How to apply
The applicants need to complete an online application form, in which they will elaborate on their professional background, education and experience and explain what their goals are and why they are applying for the course.
Application deadline: January 25th 2023
Maximum student numbers: 12 participants
250 euros. All 2023 tuitions will be covered by Oxbelly.