CommitmentFull Time, 10am-4pm
Dates1-3 December 2021
Application DeadlineNovember 22nd 2021
Course LeaderCarolina Grisorio
Over the period of three full days and under the guidance of NFTS’ highly qualified teaching staff, the students will be given an in-depth presentation of what the role of Production Co-ordinator consists of.
The course will give the opportunity to students to further develop their knowledge and skills in order to follow successful careers as Production Co-ordinators.
This course will be delivered by Carolina Grisorio, who graduated from Goldsmiths University (BA Drama and Theatre Arts) in London, before commencing her career as a freelance PA. She quickly excelled in the industry setting up and co-ordinating high-end film and TV international units such as well-acclaimed motion pictures: ‘Avengers Infinity War Part 1 & 2’, ‘Kingsman: Golden Circle’, George Clooney’s ‘The Midnight Sky’ and most recently Apple TV’s ‘Foundation’ from award-winning novelist Isaac Asimov.
Her versatility and experience in other departments are the backbones of her professional growth. Unconventional problem solver, tenacious & strategic by nature; connecting with people is second nature to her, when she’s not working on motion pictures or delivering training she collaborates with independent filmmakers, producing brand content and short films that respect nature and focuses on creating greener productions.
The online course is designed to cover several areas of the production process and get students familiarised with the overall production planner, standard formats for planners and diaries, clearances, cast contracts, wrap reports and more.
Key topics will include:
- Overview of movie magic scheduling & budgeting
- Film crew & their roles & departments
- The overall production planner with start dates and overall planning
- Standard formats for planners and diaries
- Finding and contracting with pm production office
- Setting up production office
- Standard formats for excel spreadsheets
- Working overseas
- Script neg check – what exactly is this
- E & o insurance why and what
- Cast contracts
- Maintaining log for cast contracts and checking latest dod’s & buyouts details
- Wrap reports
- Hot costs
- Progress reports
- Working with the Production Accountant & their team
- Preparation work for post production
- Hand over disc for post production supervisor
Previous production experience is desirable. Applicants from other fields should demonstrate passion for pursuing a career in film or TV production co-ordination.
They would also need to be 18 years old or over and have a good command of the English language, as the course will be delivered in English.
How to apply
The applicants need to complete an online application form, in which they will elaborate on their professional background, education and experience and also explain what their goals are and why they are applying for the course.
Application deadline: 22 November 2021
All participants will receive a full scholarship.